Foreign Languages Intensive Training Base Directly Under the Ministry of Education
Experienced Foreign Languages Intensive Training Institution inSouthwestern China
SISU Opens the World to You!
SISU Allows You to Master Foreign Languages!
10 Great Reasons for You to Choose theLanguageTrainingCenterof SISU:
1. Nation-branded foreign languages training center:Being directly under the Ministry of Education, it gives you a quality guarantee.
2. State-authorized testing center:As the only testing center inChongqingappointed by theTestingCenterof the Ministry of Education, it is an authentic institution arranging various kinds of foreign languages tests and analogue tests with good services.
3. State-approved educational consulting service center:It is a legal institution approved by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Security ( See No.【2000】087 File issued by the Authentication Division of Comprehensive Assets of the Ministry of Education ) to engage in services involving overseas educational consultancy, foreign languages translation and training.
4. Experienced foreign languages training center in the southwestern region:Set up in 1979, with about 30 years’ experience in foreign languages intensive training, it has already trained over thousands of students to go abroad for further education.
5. A strong and stable contingent of teachers:All teachers in our department are granted the Teacher’s Qualification Certificate for Higher Education Institutions and are richly experienced in foreign languages enrichment teaching and testing skills training. 90% of them have been sent abroad to study and 80% of them possess the academic diploma of master’s or doctoral degree.
6. Foreign languages teaching and research achievements:Academic papers and teaching books published or composed by our full-time teachers add up to more than 200 pieces or copies. 3 teaching achievements have been awarded prizes by SISU and Chongqing Municipal Government separately. 2 courses have been affirmed as the key courses by SISU and Chongqing Municipal Government separately.
7. Excellent foreign teachers:3 to 6 foreign experts sponsored and engaged by the Ministry of Education have been sent to our department to teach annually, who often give our students lectures on special topics.
8. First-rate foreign languages education classrooms and facilities:Teaching is performed in small-sized class here. All classrooms are equipped with multi-media facilities and air-conditioners. Colorful after-class activities are organized, and rich digital foreign languages audio-visual data are handy.
9. Unparalelled foreign languages education resources and environment:Studying here, you can attend various kinds of academic lectures on foreign languages, practice English in English Corner and have a face-to-face contact with the undergraduates or post-graduates of SISU.
10. Exceptionally advantageous foreign languages training building:Located at the foot of the beautifulGeleMountain, the training building of our department provides good premises for the students to learn foreign languages, to take part in foreign languages tests and to consult study-abroad affairs. Besides, it provides the students with convenient accommodation with air conditioners, internet access, nearby sport courts for tennis, badminton and basketball.
The Only Comprehensive Education Service Institution in the Southwestern Region
--providing a package of services such asForeign Languages Training/Translation/Interpretation, Overseas Tests/Analogue Tests, Educational Consulting Service, International Diplomas and Overseas Employment
Improving your comprehensive foreign languages skills
Fostering your international communicative abilities
A Brief Introduction to the Training Dept. for Candidates Going AbroadofSichuanInternationalStudiesUniversity(SISU) IntensiveLanguageTrainingCenterof SISU(ILTC of SISU)
Located in the mountain city ofChongqingand as the only municipality directly under the central government in southwesternChina, the Training Dept. for Candidates Going Abroad of SISU lies beside theforest parkat the scenicGeleMountain, and it is an ideal place for foreign language study and advanced study with a peaceful environment. It has been one of the 11 appointed centers for foreign language training directly under the Ministry of Education since its establishment in 1979. Up till now, it has trained over thousands of students, who are now playing risingly important roles in the construction of modernization of our country.
Famed as “a regular troop in foreign languages enrichment education” and being a foreign language training base for students to go abroad, the training center has the longest history in the southwestern region in foreign language training with the most mature conditions. It shoulders the task to train the government-sponsored personnel to study abroad and also admits self-financed students and the students entrusted by some units or organizations. It has a normal brigade of teachers, the majority of whom have once studied abroad. Meanwhile, it engages foreign experts or teachers to teach annually. Office clerks, teaching assistants and administrators are all very responsible. Besides, the center owns the latest training materials and audio-visual information for foreign languages enrichment. It also has its own teaching building and apartment-dorm equipped with modern teaching and living facilities respectively.
The center organizes many foreign languages enrichment classes of different types and layers (including the full-time classes, weekend or evening classes), with the usual schooling period of one year or a half. It organizes specific training classes or short-term ones for students to take part in TOEFL, IELTS and related analogue tests. The beginning time of these classes is usually the same as that of the regular higher learning institutions. Virtually, you can enroll your name for study at any time.
To meet the demand of the reform and opening to the outside world, the center additionally offers special English training classes like the Business English and International Legal English classes which are urgently needed in present economic activities to foster multiplied talents with international communicative abilities.
Since its establishment, the center has kept up with times and continually improved itself. Now it has become a comprehensive educational institution offering services of foreign languages training, foreign language tests, overseas educational consultancy and foreign languages translation.
Foreign Languages TestingCenterofSISU(FLTC of SISU)
As a testing center inChongqingauthorized by the Ministry of Education, the center was set up in 1982. In the past over 20 years it has accumulated rich experiences and has sorted out a set of scientific testing management measures. From enrollment to receipt of test scores, it has a complete set of management steps. Starting from a single undertaker of the Testing Center of the Ministry of Education, the center has gradually marched on the way towards the education test market and has undertaken other kinds of tests, mainly including TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, TOPE and TOEIC offered by American Educational Testing Service (ETS), the tests of IELTS and BEC offered by British University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES), the test for British Higher National Diploma (HND), German TestDaF, the tests of PETS and WSK, the tests of TOPIK, HSK, NAETI as well as the test for testing Japanese competence and the English oral test of Phonepass SET by United Education, etc.. At the same time it undertakes the English test offered by China Scholarship Council for the government-sponsored study-abroad personnel and the analogue test of New TOEFL offered by Tide Times.
The testing center boasts its modern office environment, including completely-equipped special test hall(s), 500 audio-visual seats, 100 testing seats installed with computers and an excellent administrative team with rich experiences.
Overseas Educational Consultancy of SISU(OEC of SISU)
Aiming at such a target of “keeping a foothold inChongqing, opening to the outside world and providing excellent services to society by legal operation”, the Training Dept. set up its educational consulting service center affiliated to SISU to offer legal regular channels and services to the students to go abroad. It not only fosters high-quality international talents for the economic boom ofChongqingbut helps those who hope to go abroad for further study to have a good beginning.
The center is one of the first regular educational consulting intermediary institutions approved by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Security ( See No.【2000】087 File issued by the Authentication Division of Comprehensive Assets of the Ministry of Education ), which provides all-round consulting and intermediary services on study-abroad affairs. The center has established long-term friendly cooperative and communicative relationships with many universities or colleges in such countries as Britain, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, France, Japan, South Korea Russia, Germany, New Zealand, Switzerland, Malaysia, Spain, Holland and Italy, etc..
It provides complete sets of services in study-abroad information consultancy, contacting universities, preparing materials, obtaining visa, foreign language enrichment and translation.
CollegeofInternationalEducation of SISU(CIE of SISU)
Platform for Sino-foreign education and exchange
Base for training international talents
The college was established in July, 2005 with a purpose of building a communicative and cooperative platform for Sino-foreign education and scien-tech institutions of various kinds, providing resources and services of educational cooperation and academic exchange for the society and creating more opportunities for teachers and students to communicate with foreign friends. It was set up to conditionally and selectively introduce foreign advanced educational resources and foster international high-quality talents in line with the overall development plan of SISU for further opening to the outside world and being oriented toward the future. Since its establishment, by taking advantage of the dominant status of SISU in the international higher educational field and by introducing international advanced school-running theory and model and integrating sources of excellent teachers and teaching, the college has successfully carried out quite a few international cooperative and exchange programs.
Adopting international educational criteria
Fostering world-oriented talents
Located within the campus of SISU, the college owns first-rate teaching facilities and comfortable accommodations. Since its establishment, in accordance with the requirements of concrete training items, the college has made good use of the excellent educational resources around the whole world and has successfully developed quite a few schooling points at home and abroad. It has introduced advanced educational theories and expanded its overseas education market. Meanwhile, it has made positive and effective trials and preliminary achievements in the innovation of teaching models, ideas and cooperative models, etc.. Being keenly aware of the new development in foreign languages training, the college devotes itself to developing the new teaching model that fits in with the laws of second language acquisition and meets the demand of market. It has already accumulated rich competitive experiences in this regard. Now the college is devoting itself to exploring various kinds of communicative and cooperative programs with foreign higher institutions, to building a regular reliable economic shortcut for Chinese students to go abroad to study. It is indeed building a hopeful bridge for them.
The college enrolls students nationwide and has developed many specific courses for those who hope to study abroad, such as the “3 +1”program of bachelor’s degree, the TESOL program of master’s degree in Sydney University, the “1 +1”program from undergraduate’s degree to master’s degree in the UK, the “1 + X” successive program from bachelor’s degree to master’s degree in Spanish Public Universities, the “2 +2”successive program from bachelor’s degree to master’s degree in French Universities, the “2 +3”successive program with scholarship from bachelor’s degree to master’s degree in the US, the “1 + X” program in South Korea, the “3 +1”program with dual diplomas in China and Australia, the 1 + X program in Canada, the “1 +3”program of bachelor’s degree and the “1 +1”courses of master’s degree in Holland as well as the prior program of a diploma or non-diploma in Italy, etc., which will help more promising youngsters to realize their dream of studying abroad and become international talents. All these programs are undergoing on the basis of international cooperation, excellent global disposition of teachers and international integration of talent training model and teaching scheme. Via cross-cultural education, multi-discipline advantages, combination of theory and practice, and human-oriented scientific management, the center aims at fostering high-quality talents who are globally aware and able enough to obtain employment abroad.
Prior courses for students to study abroad
Authentic items with equal value to those in Europe andUSA
Complete sets of characteristic services for those to go abroad
Add.: International Hall of SISU, No. 33, Zhuangzhi Rd., Lieshimu, Shapingba District, Chongqing, P. R. China
Tel.: +86-23-65385271 (Dean), +86-23-65385262 ( Deputy Dean),
+86-23-65385100 (Party Secretary)，+86-23-65385282 ( Enrollment),
+86-23-65385353 ( CIE)
+86-23-65391315 ( FLTC), +86-23-65697646 (OEC)